Earn rewards for recycling your small electrical waste items
The BetterRecycle challenge launches on 5th August 2019 and is in partnership with Bath and North East Somerset Council. It rewards local residents for clearing out their homes of small electronic/electrical items and recycling them.
Residents of Bath and North East Somerset will be rewarded for recycling their broken or unwanted small electrical appliances at a BANES Recycling Centre. Residents will be able to scan the QR code located next to the electrical waste containers at the Recycling Centre to start earning BetterPoints rewards.
What rewards can you earn?
Recycle any broken or unwanted small electrical items, scan the QR code and earn 2,500 BetterPoints
If you are one of the first 50 people to recycle your broken electrical goods and scan the QR code you will get an extra 2,500 BetterPoints.
Then for every other item you take to the recycling centre and scan the QR code from 1st September, you will earn a BetterTicket into a fantastic prize monthly prize draw.
Monthly prizes starting from 1st September:
25,000 BetterPoints x 2
10,000 BetterPoints x 3
For more information on BetterTickets and BetterPoints visit our Frequently Asked Questions here
Where you can you recycle your items?
Bath and North East Somerset residents can take their broken or unwanted electrical items to any of the following recycling centres:
- Bath: Midland Road (off Upper Bristol Road), Bath, BA1 3AT. Google Map
- Keynsham: Pixash Lane (off main A4 Bath Road), Keynsham, BS31 1TP. Google Map
- Midsomer Norton: Old Welton, Wheelers Hill (off Radstock Road A362), Midsomer Norton, BA3 2AA. Google Map
Also during November and December you can recycle your small electrical waste items in your green recycle bins to win prizes.
Look out for a flyer which will be placed in your recycle bin when you recycle your small electrical items. Simply scan the code on your BetterRecycle flyer to earn a BetterTicket into a prize draw to win £50 worth of BetterPoints.
Click below to download the BetterPoints app.
- Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Tap 'Sign up' in the app and fill out the form.
- You will be automatically eligible to the BetterRecycle challenge if you live in the BANES area.
- Check the 'Challenges' tab on the app and join the BetterRecycle Challenge
- Locate the BetterPoints signs at the recycling centre
- Open your BetterPoints app
- Select the play ▶ button in the top right-hand corner of the app
- Select 'Scan QR Code'
- Scan the QR code on the BetterPoints sign with your phone
- Answer the in-app survey questions about your items
How can I redeem my BetterPoints?
Check out our list of vouchers by tapping Redeem on the bottom navigation bar of your app. You can also give your points to your favourite charity or community group by tapping Donate.
Terms and Conditions
You must take you electrical items to one of the participating BANES recycling centres to earn the rewards until 19th January 2020, or place the items in your green recycle bins during November and December 2019.